We recently had the chance to meet up with Abe from our online mentoring team who has just come back from Turkey in which he taught young Entrepreneurs numerous techniques to help them succeed.
The question that came up was what does a mentor actually do?
Mentoring is a powerful personal and career development tool that can enable the mentee to achieve or exceed their life’s goals and aspirations. A mentor a is ‘a trusted counselor or guide’. Although the term mentor was derived from ancient Greece, neither its meaning nor purpose has changed or diminished through the millennia. The role of a mentor is multi-faceted, may be formal or informal, and may change or evolve as the needs of the mentee change. A mentor can be a role model, coach, sounding board, voice of reason, emotional support, counselor, and a trusted resource. What does a mentor do? Depending upon the mentee’s needs a mentor:
- Shares knowledge and life experiences
- Provides guidance and advice
- Offers encouragement
- Is genuinely interested in the mentees questions and concerns
- Is open and honest
- Explores different careers
- Discusses goal setting
- Advises on professional development
- Identifies resources
- Helps to develop leadership skills
- Provides insight into corporate culture
- Can provide exposure and visibility within an organization
- Advises on networking and networking opportunities
- Reviews resume
- Provides interview tips
- May introduce to contacts
“A mentor is someone who allows you to see the potential inside yourself.”
So why would you use a service like HugoInga Company? We pride ourselves on knowing how to achieve goals that have been set out by others. We know what it takes to be successful.
So what are you waiting for? Join The HugoInga Company Mentoring Program and reach your full potential.